Projects & News
DFID Global Disability Summit
On 24 July 2018, the UK Department for International Development (UK DFID), along with the International Disability Alliance and the Government of Kenya co-hosted the first-ever Global Disability Summit in London, UK.
Easy and Clear worked on a number of policy documents to ensure they were accessible for people with learning disabilities. Working on complex policy documents can be challenging but the end results were clear, easy to read and opened up the conference agenda to a whole new audience. We are looking forward to continuing our work with DFID in the future.
The NHS Accessible Information Standard
On the 31st July 2016, the NHS Accessible Information Standard came into force.
As part of the accessible information standard, organisations that provide NHS or adult social care must do five things
- Ask people if they have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet their needs.
- Record those needs clearly and in a set way.
- Highlight or flag the person’s file or notes so it is clear that they have information or communication needs and how to meet those needs.
- Share information about people’s information and communication needs with other providers of NHS and adult social care, when they have consent or permission to do so.
- Take steps to ensure that people receive information which they can access and understand, and receive communication support if they need it.