Why produce easier to read information?
Easier to read documents work well for
- People with learning difficulties including autism and Asperger’s.
- People with mental health conditions.
- People with poor concentration.
- People for whom English is not their first language.
- People with low literacy or poor access to social learning.
- Older people and those with dementia-related conditions.
Easier to read information contains inclusive and clear content – placing the key messages at the forefront of the document.
Easier to read information can include documents, leaflets or pages that have been edited to make them more inclusive and literally easier to read!
Although similar to easy read, easier to read information does not require supportive imagery like easy read, although pictures can still be useful to illustrate some points and to break up content.